Elegant styling, 102mm rear travel suspension optimized for 2×10 29er drive trains, lighter weight, internal cable routing and increased tire clearance once again crown our 2012 El Rey, the King for both racing and trail riding.
- Standard Features
- Tapered head tube (1-1/8" to 1.5") for InSet or Zero Stack headset (44mmx56mm)
- 30.9mm seat post diameter
- PF30 BB shell accommodates both BB30 and standard threaded BBs
- Oversized 50mm down tube
- Asymmetric chain stays increase lateral stiffness and tire clearance and reduce weight
- High-strength needle bearing main pivot with dual quad-ring seals and grease injection port
- Dual set, quad sealed bearings at all other pivots
- Replaceable dropouts-standard 10mm slotted with replaceable derailleur hanger
- 3-D contour rockers increase lateral stiffness and reduce weight
- 102mm rear suspension travel
- Full-housing internal cable routing
- Fox RP23 XV 7.875" x 2" air shock
- 100mm fork compatibility
- 34.9mm high-clamp, bottom swing front derailleur
- Stock colors: Super Dust & Champagne
- Levels 1, 2 and custom color options
- Three levels of geometry customization
Have a body type or riding position that doesn’t fit the mold of the “average” rider? Want to add cable stops for a dropper post or run a different drive train or brake routing? Need something more than our standard offerings? No problem!
Taking advantage of our all-inclusive, in-house design and manufacturing, we offer three levels of customization to accommodate most every frame configuration you can dream up.
Semi-Custom Level 1
This is our basic level of customization. Under this category you can add cable stops and alter cable routing, make adjustments to top tube length or seat tube length with a jump to the next size in our standard build. For example: get an 18” sized frame with the top tube length of our standard 20” frame.
Semi-Custom Level 2
This is our medium level of customization. In addition to the options available in our semi-custom level 1 build, under this category you can get a frame built with custom specified fork length, head angle, seat tube length, seat post diameter, non-standard tubing diameters and/or configuration.
This is our premier level of customization. Under this category you can get a nearly anything required to make your bike fit your body, your riding style, or your individual tastes with the help of Sherwood as your designer. Working directly with Sherwood via email and telephone to get the full specifications for your dream machine, Sherwood will combine your wish list with his engineering expertise and draw up and submit a drawing of your frame to you for approval.
Like the drawing? Sign off and return to Ventana and we will commence building your dream machine.
Don’t like the drawing? Need more detail? No problem. Mark up your drawing, call us up or send us an email with necessary changes and Sherwood will incorporate them into a new/modified drawing and submit it to you for your approval. This process is repeated until you are completely satisfied with the design of your machine and when you are, simply sign off the drawing and return to Ventana and we will proceed with your build.
We will not begin to build a full custom frame until we have received a signed and dated approved frame drawing.